the Maxwell's

the Maxwell's
Us at Easter 2012

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Much better

Tonight I decided to make One Pot Spaghetti. I had made this dish one time before but (surprise) I messed it up. This time I made sure to read every ingredient and step very carefully. Tonight I was able to make it all by myself and it turned out delicious. One of the best thing about it is that it only dirty's one pot. I really hate having a dirty kitchen but I also hate doing the dishes. What a vicious cycle we have.
I thought maybe you would like the recipe for ONE POT SPAGHETTI. hope you enjoy.
ingredients
8 ounces ground beef or bulk pork sausage
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or one 6-ounce jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 14-ounce can chicken broth or beef broth
1-3/4 cups water
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
6 ounces dried spaghetti, broken
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
directions
1. In a large saucepan cook the ground beef, fresh mushrooms (if using), onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain.

2. Stir in the canned mushrooms (if using), broth, water, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Bring to boiling. Add the broken spaghetti, a little at a time, stirring constantly. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 17 to 20 minutes or until spaghetti is tender and sauce is desired consistency, stirring frequently. Serve with Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.

2 comments:

Anna said...

way to Go Corrie! Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly Kovach said...

Corrie Beth! How domestic you are becoming! Did you get the weekly meal planning idea from me? Am I rubbing off on you?! The best part of meal planning is that you end up with all of the ingredients in the house that you'll need for those meals YET you still can choose which day you want to have what meal. I plan a meal for each day but if I end up not wanting what I planned to eat for Monday, I can switch it up. I may use this one-pot wonder you posted. P.S. Can you send me the recipe for your pasta sauce? Thanks!