the Maxwell's

the Maxwell's
Us at Easter 2012

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lost and Found

The other day Josh was running on the treadmill and all the sudden shouts "holy crap" and hold up his left hand. I thought he was going to fall or had hurt himself. Nope. He wasn't hurt; he had just realized that his wedding ring was no longer on his finger. SAD! He has worked so hard and has lost so much weight that his ring had become very lose on his finger. Just the other day he was changing the sign at church and felt his ring slip so he knew he needed to get it resized. Now it was to late. After looking through his pants pockets and a few other items where the ring could have been, we came to the conclusion that it was lost. Josh had run 5 miles the day before (or maybe it was that day) and there was a good chance that he had lost it on that run. I had to come to the realization that it was gone and no matter how hard I wished it wasn't it was not going to change the fact that it was. I wasn't mad at Josh. He didn't lose it on intentionally or because he was being careless. It was lost because he had lost weight. I guess it's a catch 22.
Then last night I was going to give Joshua a bath. I went into the bathroom to start the water and what do I see? Something round... something shinny!!! THE RING!!! Whod'a thought? Josh had given Joshua a bath on Friday night and I guess thats when it came off. I was so excited I couldn't stop smiling! I put in on my ring finger and kept twirling it around. I couldn't decided if I should call Josh and tell him or If I should wait to surprise him when he got home from JR high YG. I decided to surprise him. I quick make up a little scavenger hunt so he would have to work for it. I sent him to a few places around the house before he got is last clue which led him to our wedding album. When he opened the first page there was the ring. The look on this face was priceless!
There was so much joy in finding this gold ring. It got me thinking about the Parable of the lost coin. Luke 15:8-10
8"Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
It amazes me that the joy that I felt for finding the ring is nothing compared to the joy God feels when someone comes to know Him. He treasures us so much more then we could ever imagine. How awesome is that?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

great post corrie! Thanks!