the Maxwell's

the Maxwell's
Us at Easter 2012

Friday, February 26, 2010

Crying


I am very blessed. I have a healthy beautiful baby boy. As a newborn Joshua slept through the night at 5 weeks and worked well being on a schedule which made my day very predictable. He didn't really cried. We even have a video if his first bath at the hospital and he hardly made a peep. When he did cry it was because he was tired or hungry. He never really had a fussy time of day. So I just have one question.... WHAT HAPPEN??? I guess they forget to tell you that crying will be all the time now. Maybe other first time moms have thought ahead and knew this was going to happen. Well I didn't think about it. Now it's "mommy I'm crying because I'm up; mommy I'm crying because i'm hungry; mommy I'm crying because you put me down; mommy I'm crying because you walked away; mommy I'm crying because I can't crawl fast enough; mommy I'm crying because you took that cord away from me; mommy I'm crying because I was trying to stand up but fell down; mommy I'm crying because..." you fill in the blank. I'm sure you can think of many more things. Please don't think I am complaining. I love my son and I wouldn't trade him for the world and I know that other people have much worse situations then I do. I know that his crying is his only was of communicating but that doesn't mean I enjoy the sound of it. So until he learns how to talk I guess I'll be communicating through crying.
On a sweeter note the other day I was watching TV and something was really sad so I was crying (ok more like sobbing) and I was holding Joshua because he had just woken up from his nap. He was cuddling against my chest but then he looked up at my face and I could see that he was processing what my face was doing because I don't think he has ever seen me cry up close. After his careful inspection, he reached up his tiny hand and placed it on my cheek. It was like he was trying to comfort me in his own little way. What a sweet little boy I have.

No comments: