the Maxwell's

the Maxwell's
Us at Easter 2012

Saturday, April 04, 2009

a small update

Hello everyone! Just wanted to give a small update on how things are going here in windy Winnemucca. We have now been in our house for one week. My days have been spent unpacking boxes and getting things all set up. I think it's starting to feel like home. In some rooms (the kitchen) there is so much space I don't know what to do about it. Others (the bathroom) are missing things (a medicine cabinet)that I am used to having. We are adjusting just fine. Hugo is doing much better. He was very sick and is now back to his old self. The other day we had a little scare with him and a horse. There are three horses behind us and there is only a barb wire fence between us and them. They seem like nice horses but I don't want to find out the hard way. Hugo slipped under the fence and when trotting over to one of the horses. So I start screaming at him because I have no idea what the horse will do. The horse started to nip at him and i freaked out! I am screaming at him to come back. finally he gets scared and runs back. I was furious! So mad i picked him up and carried him back to the house (he just got a bath so he wasn't wearing his collier). Other then that, I think he is enjoying it here. There are so many dogs. I don't think there is a family without a dog. One night it sounded like that scene from 101 Dalmations. The one where they are passing on the message about the missing puppies. Josh quoted it as we were walking into the house and it made me laugh.
Church is going well. Josh is spending long days at church getting things done and getting to know people. The Sr high and Jr high (i think) has been going very well. We had a leaders meeting to help plan out the spring and summer and I think it's going to be great. They have some good suggestions and seem really into helping out these kids. I think the kids are taking kindly to us. There are a few activities already planned and there are many more to come. With me not having a job right now, I have had the opportunity to help out with all kinds of stuff. I want to be involved as much as I can because I know the amount of help I will be able to give this summer will be limited. So if I can do more now, maybe that will lesson the load for the summer.
I am going to start working soon. I am going to be doing day care from my home. I put up flyer's on Friday and have one interview and another one this coming week. I am really excited about this. I feel like this is something I can handle and most importantly I can do this and stay home with my kids. From what I hear there is a real need for it out here and I can be flexible with Josh's schedule. I am trusting that the Lord will provide me with the families I will need to make sure that Josh and I are OK. He has been good to us so far so that is encouraging.
The pregnancy is going well. I am 29 weeks now. I feel the baby moving all the time and I really like the feeling. It makes me pray more and worry less. We are getting some furniture from a family in the church and I am hoping to paint some time soon. We have been blessed so far with what we have been given but there is still a list of things we are missing. This church is planning on throwing us a shower so hopefully that will help.
Once I am content with how the house looks I will take some pictures and have them posted. Or you can just set up a time and we can give you a skype tour of the house. Josh is really good at these and I think he really enjoys giving them.

No comments: