the Maxwell's

the Maxwell's
Us at Easter 2012

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Our journey so far

I have decided to dust off my old blog in order to document this journey our family is on. Most of you know by now that my wonderful husband has been selected as the owner and operator of the Old Hickory Mall Chick-fil-A in Jackson Tennessee. This has been a crazy ride so far and it's only going to get crazier. As of right now Josh is down in Atlanta for his training. He has been there since mid October. He will be graduating from that class on November 20th which I get to attend with a few of my chick fil a friends. From there, he will drive to Jackson and conduct his interviews that weekend. Because he is the new operator he gets to choose who stays and who goes. Starting on that Monday he will be in Florida for his coaching week. He will come home for Thanksgiving (hooray), spend a few days with the family, but then he is back to Jackson to start in his store December 1st. He will fly back for Christmas and then we will all make the move to Jackson a few days after Christmas. Did you catch all that? Me neither. But so far everything has been working out. He has a great group of guys with him in his class, and I am holding down the fort with lots and lots of help. For me, I am working full time to help support our family. While Josh becoming and operator is what we have been working for, these weeks of him in training is unpaid. I have been blessed to be able to work at the Delran Chick fil A with a great staff who has been helping me in learning the business but also have been great friends while I am missing my best friend. I am going to miss them greatly. I also have some amazing women in my life who have sacrificed their own time (and sanity) to watch my kids so I can work. To work full time and then have to pay for sitting would be counter productive so these people are blessing my family more than they can imagine! For now, that is what sums up what has been going on with us. Some people have asked how they can be praying or if there was anything that we needed. I want to keep people posted on everything that's going on but don't want to shout it out over social media so this is where I am going to post prayer requests and needs. Here are some prayer request: For josh: He will be traveling a lot over these next two months. Pray for safety and that his car can make the trip. Also on Wednesday night josh's Nana passed away. He will be flying up for the viewing on Tuesday, staying for the service on Wednesday and then flying back down so he can graduate. Please pray for all his travels and for the time with his family. For me: That I keep my priorities God, Family, then everything else. I am struggling balancing it all and I'm getting my focus out of wack For the kids: With me working most days and having a different person watching them, they lack structure and consistency and it has taken a toll on them. Please pray they stay resilient and forgiving of my absents. Pray we find a house. We have put in an application for a house that, in our eyes, would be perfect for us. But it is in the Lords hands. We are getting down to a time crunch and it would be great if I could cross that off of my "to do" list. Need other than prayer: Packing stuff (boxes, papers, tape, motivation, etc) I will do my best to pick this stuff up or you can drop it at my place any time. Child care help: Like I said before I have a few great ladies who watch my kids but there are times when I need someone to help fill the gaps. It's hard for me to ask for help, but I know that I need to so if you are willing to help me when I am in a sticky situation please let me know. That's all for now. Thank you in advanced for all your prayers and help. Christmas will be here before we know it.... and then we will be gone. I am not ready.

No comments: