the Maxwell's

the Maxwell's
Us at Easter 2012

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Week Off

Unfortunately I was unable to run this week. On Monday night I got hit with some kind of cold that attacked my entire body. I thought that if I was feeling even a little better I would attempt a run, but it's been a hard couple of days. I know that this is just a small set back to what I am trying to accomplish. But I am not giving up. Everyday I would think about running and wish that I could. I can hardly sit on the couch without coughing up a lung. My hope is to start up again Monday morning. After talking to my brother, I think I should aim to run 4-5 times a week. I am starting with such small increments that I think I could do it.
I look forward to the day when I can run a mile and not want to kill myself. Plus, if any one was watching me run for a little and then walk and then run again they probably think I'm crazy or lazy. Something I didn't think about is how different it's going to feel running in NJ with all the humidity. Should be interesting.

No comments: